Wednesday 3 September 2008

"Maybe if she looks at this image she will understand and become my wife again."


After reading about the sad extinction of Polaroid film on the This is how I roll blog I came across the above image by Vava Ribeiro.
It is part of Dazed Digitals article Polaroid Nation. Its a beautiful and emotive image, even more so when you read the artist's credit.
-
Vava Ribeiro - 'This one I shot of the TV wile watching Brooke Shields on Blue Lagoon. That movie had such an impact on me. Here Brooke looks like my future-ex wife minus the blue eyes. I don't think she (my ex) knew that. Maybe if she looks at this image she will understand and become my wife again.'

3 comments:

Liz Dickinson said...

It really is sad news about polaroid films, they make such unique photographs.

Ms Scarlet said...

Noooooo . . . Do you know how mental we all went when the first polaroid camera came to town? It was bigger than iPhone . . . seriously this is a shame. People will find a way . . .
Sx

James said...

It is indeed sad news and will be even sadder for the photographers that earn a living from solely using Polaroid film.
However things move on and people are also doing very interesting things with modern cameras.
One day we'll miss that rubbish, grainy, blurry, megabytey quality of the camera phone.