Thursday 15 November 2007

'Cool Cash' card confusion


A LOTTERY scratchcard has been withdrawn from sale by Camelot - because players couldn't understand it.

To qualify for a prize, users had to scratch away a window to reveal a temperature lower than the figure displayed on each card. As the game had a winter theme, the temperature was usually below freezing.

The 23-year-old, who said she had left school without a maths GCSE, said: "On one of my cards it said I had to find temperatures lower than -8. The numbers I uncovered were -6 and -7 so I thought I had won, and so did the woman in the shop. But when she scanned the card the machine said I hadn't.

"I phoned Camelot and they fobbed me off with some story that -6 is higher - not lower - than -8 but I'm not having it."

Is this what we have to account for when designing a new product or advertisement these days?

Story taken from:
Manchester Evening News

No comments: